Tips & Tactics
- Use dpad to walk left or right. Release dpad to crouch in a fighting stance.
- Press Kick while crouching for a low side kick, or while walking for a high kick.
- Press Jump to hop. Press Kick while jumping for a hopping kick.
- To run, slide your finger past the end of the dpad or double tap (tap, tap+hold) the dpad. Oolong will also accelerate if the dpad is held continuously.
- Kick while running for a sliding attack. Jump while running to leap. Kick while leaping for a flying kick. Flying and sliding kicks are the easiest way to take out groups of weaker enemies, and can also be used to close the distance with bosses.
- Press punch from fighting stance for a lunge punch to an opponent's face.
- To blast enemies with monk fire, swipe horizontally through or above the punch button, or alternatively hold the punch button then release.
- Tap punch rapidly (Punch+Punch+Punch) for a flury of punches.
- If Ooolong is grapped or bitten, his opponents can be shaken off by moving the dpad left and right.
- Block - Oolong can defend against most kicks and punches by facing while facing his foe in a fighting stance.
- Hip Throw - Oolong can body slam Ninjas and certain other troublesome enemies. To attempt a throw, Oolong must be walking or running into an enemy, then press punch.
- The Ghoul (graveyard boss) alternates short and long pounces. It is most vulnerable after a long pounce.
- Collect idols while swimming for temporary invulnerability.
- Collect ten coins for an extra life. Extra lives are also awarded after successful breaking challenges or after defeating most bosses.
- Always show respect to a kung fu princess!
- Speed Run - tracks fastest completion of the game
- Flawless Victory - tracks completion of the game with fewest lives lost
- Breaking Challenges: wood, brick, jade - fastest breaks
- Ninja Assault: rewards best performance in the "Ninja Assault" star-throwing stage. Kill all ninja without missing for a perfect score.
- "Apt Pupil" - tracks fastest completion of the tutorial
Episode 2: Kung Fu Princess - Meri's Quest
Game Design & Programming: Phil Stroffolino
Original Music: Ben Birney
Art: Dave (Vitamin3d)
Inspirations: Karateka, Shinobi, Kung Fu Master