The polar bears have invaded the penguin kingdom and egg-napped your younglings! Use your wits and agility to become the legendary hero. Solve hundreds of quirky puzzles. Defeat the mighty bear army and its bosses!
Sword & Penguin features a level editor for showcasing your own creations & ability to solve them.
Supports touch, swipe and MFI controller input.
Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPad, and newer devices.
- Swipe left/right to browse chapters
- Each level has a difficulty indicator, from 1 to 5 swords.
- Some levels present a puzzle, and while others are more action oriented.
- Defeating a campaign level will unlock adjacent levels (left/right, up/down).
- Up to three stars are earned for each completed level - one for clearing it, one for winning it "quickly" and one for winning it "well."
- Complete level 1-16 to unlock the 2nd chapter, 2-16 to unlock the 3rd chapter, etc.
- Tap story button to replay unlocked cut scenes for each chapter
- If you're at your wits end, the "Movie" icon can be used to view a recording of any given Campaign level being comlpeted. The hint feature is an optional in-app purchase, that once aquired unlocks hints on all Campaign and Create/Play levels.
- Each chapter introduces new gameplay elements, including weapons (bombs, bow & arrow, sword), hazards, and monsters.
- Tap "plus" icon to create a new empty level.
- Tap palette to select an item to place.
- Tap already-selected palette entry to cycle through available items. For example, "egg" and "key" items are accessed through the same palette slot.
- Touch playfield to draw walls or place items.
- Snow piles can be placed to burry items - players can blast away the snow to reveal the hidden item by exploding a bomb next to a snow pile.
- Test and complete level.
- After winning a level, you can optionally publish it by selecting the "PUB" button. The user-created level is signed with your GameCenter user id and will be available for other Sword & Penguin players to discover and enjoy.
- To delete locally created levels, hold finger down on a user level thumbnail until red Xs appear, then tap levels you want to delete. Create a new level or exit "Creative/Create" to exit this mode.
- This is a list of locally saved, "liked" levels from "Creative/Play" that can be replayed offline.
- After completing a user-created level in "Create/Play" the option to "Like" it will appear. Selecting the "Like" button will mark the level as a favorite and save it locally for access under "Creative/Favorites"
- Happy-face icon represents levels that were created by a GameCenter friend.
- "New" icon appears on any user created level that has not yet been played.
- "Check" icon appears on user-created levels that have been completed.